Monday, November 21, 2005

Bored at work

I find what I am doing right now to be very wrong. I am at work and writing on my blog. But in my defense, I have absolutely nothing to do. I've gone around and asked for work, but have received none. So, now I'm wasting company money and time writing about nonsense that has nothing to do with my job.
I really hate not having anything to do. I feel like one of those unused assets that you find on a balance sheet but no one, including the asset itself, knows exactly what its suppose to do or perform. It's moments like these next two hours that makes me want to take the offer to fly to Pheonix. People keep telling me that when I get a real job (as oppose to this one?) I will never have free time again and will always be swamped with things to do. So far that has not proved true at any of the places I work at. Now if you will excuse me, I must find something to do so that I don't feel completely worthless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

I know the ethical dilemma of which you speak. For a number of weeks after starting here I never went so far as to post to my blog from work. Facebook, news sites, and even other people's blogs were sources of entertainment, but it seemed that posting to my own blog from work would somehow be crossing a line not meant to be crossed. Eventually, with nothing to do for days on end, I acquiesced and made a work post. Now it seems normal.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Laura Ibsen said...

I felt bad about it for a while too, now I do it at work whenever I can. Does this mean we're going to hell?

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home