Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Day

I hate the name Turkey Day. Isn't the Thanksgiving name cool enough to stand on its own? Why does it need a nickname, and one that's as unrelevant as Turkey Day? Besides, don't people eat turkey on Christmas? I don't hear them dubbing Christmas as Turkey Day Number Two. If you're going to nickname Thanksgiving, you might as well call it Pilgrim Day, at least would give the day a little more distinction.

I'm spending the day at my aunt and uncles and have decided to take a break from typing my paper and engaging in Bob the Builder fun with my little cousin. Tonight, I get to go online and talk to my parents and grandparents who are in China right now, the marvels of video conferencing! And tomorrow is an exciting day of shopping. Although I'm not as excited as I normally am. There's nothing out there in the land of retail that interests me enough to dig into my wallet and purchase, but whatever, its better than spending the day at home and writing papers (although that is probably what I should be doing).

Hill's mom is over at my place for the weekend and she brought over a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm going to be eating awesome food for the next few days! (I've also heard rumors of baking by her and Hill, and they made the best desserts last year.)

Exactly 30 days left until I get to see my parents!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ibsen said...

They could call it "Turkey Elimination Day". That has a nice ring to it.

I like how you went for "Pilgrim Day" instead of "Indian Day" or "Native American Day". You're such a racist. :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I appreciate your racism Chen. Anyway, I really like this post because I have also been annoyed by the "turkey day" slogan. Thanksgiving is way better. And pilgrim day would be too.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home