Saturday, April 08, 2006

I'm off...

Well, its close to bedtime and tomorrow I'm off to China. I haven't really had time to think about China so I haven't been as excited for this trip as I have been for other vacations. But the great news is: in less than 48 hours I will get to see my parents, and I haven't seen my mom in almost 4 months! I get to spend almost 3 weeks in China and my parents are taking me to a rather remote village in central China, so I'm really excited for that. Lately I have been feeling extra materialistic and self-centered and I am hoping for God to put some perspective in me while I am in China. I'm also hoping to get solid sleep in the next few weeks. Lately I've been waking up around the wee hours of the morning (I'm guessing somewhere between 4 and 5am) with dreams and break in my REM cycles; so if you would like, please pray that I will no longer wake up with sporadic dreams and such and to have continuous 8-9 hour sleepomg cylces.

I will miss talking and hanging out with everyone while I am away, but I look forward to hanging out with ya'll/y'all when I come back. Speaking of which, when I come back I will have absolutely nothing to do. I'm a little nervous about this, I have never not had direction in my life or things to do; but yet I have chosen to be a vagabond for 3 months of my life. My goal during this time is to grow closer to God, not go more into debt, spend time with family and friends, and to watch lots of movies and read lots of books. I hope to not be a complete bum; however, there are no garauntees. I'd also like to take cheap road trips to places, so if anyone has a good idea, please let me know.

Some movies I plan on watching this summer include: All 3 Lord of the Rings in a row (that's like 9 hours of continuous TV!), finish off Harry Potter, all the X-Mens (I've never seen), and any other comic-book type movies and lots of other more random ones. Books I plan on reading: that I'm not sure of, so if you have recommendations please let me know.

Well, its definately past my bedtime, as its approaching 10:30 now. Signing off from Minnesota, USA for probably the last time this month,

Chen

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be afraid of having no direction, Chen. Its not all bad. :)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home