Sunday, July 23, 2006

night

It's 11pm and I can't seem to fall asleep. My body and mind are tired, yet I am unable to sleep. I think it is because I finally start work tomorrow. Yes, after 4 months off I have decided to take the road much traveled and become a working adult. No more daytime soaps, no more mid-morning naps, and no more daytime shopping trips. Instead I will work a 40 hour job where I get to work my way up to middle management and from a cube farm to an office with a door. I hope to someday work in an office with a window, then my dreams will be complete. Who needs a man or a family when they have a window in their office? I have heard that all the happy people in the world have a window in their office. I can only hope to have one soon.

P.S. I think my road to adulthood looks promising. Already, I have had the dubious title of Yogurt Fairy, I hope I can become good enough to earn another awesome title.

P.P.S. Never play Spider Solitare late at night, it's very addicting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Chen. This blog could have almost been blogged by me - without the work part. TOday I took a nap from 430 to 1030 and now it's almost 2am and I'm wide awake. I also spent the last 3 days playing spider solitare because I have nothing better to do. I play with 2 suits and I apparently suck. My record is like 2-22. I have no strategy, should I? I'm almost too ashamed to leave this comment.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Chen you poor thing.... Welcome to the working world. I know that someday you will work your way to middle management! Plus, you're in the corporate fatcat group, so I'm sure you'll rise high.

Also, I have a window in my office and I'm still not content.

9:39 AM  
Blogger chen said...

I have decided that the more you want to win at spider solitare, the more likely you are to lose. Once, a long time ago, I won alot playing with the 2 suits... currently my record is probably worse than 2-22. But my friend once told me that only losers play solitare, so perhaps we are this bad because we are not losers but winners.

Jordan,
you are not content because you are in Massachusetts and the sadness of liberalism cancels out the happiness of a window

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home